Caramel Apple Pecan Bars
I didn't put pecans on the top of the ones in this picture but the necxt time I made them I did and they were so much better.
Blue Ribbon Recipe
Caramel apple flavor in bar cookie form...love, love, love! Make sure you slice apples really thin so that they cook thoroughly. The Test Kitchen
1 pkg14oz pkg caramels, unwrapped
5 mediumfist sized apples (I used cortlands) peeled, cored,& sliced
1 1/2 cflour
2 tspbaking soda
1 1/2 cbrown sugar
1/2 cmelted butter
1 tspvanilla extract
1 c+ 1/4 c coarsely chopped pecans
How to Make Caramel Apple Pecan Bars
- Preheat oven to 350.
grease or spray a 9 x13 pan
- Mix flour, baking soda, cinn., and salt. set aside.
- In another bowl mix brown sugar, eggs, melted butter,
vanilla, and only 1 cup of the chopped nuts, keep the other 1/4 C for topping.
- Stir in dry ingredients. When well mixed reserve 1 C for topping.
Pour into pan (It may be hard to spread but it will eventually lol)
bake that for 15 mins.
- While you melt the caramels and milk in the microwave 2-3 mins. Stir carefully after each min (this is also not easy to do but it eventually will
get smooth and creamy. Cool that for 5 mins.
- When the crust comes out of the oven, drain any juice off the apples. and pour the apples on the crust and spread evenly. Then pour the caramel over the apples staying about 1/2" away from the edges. Then drop tsp. of the reserved batter over that spreading as well as you can sprinkle with reserved chopped pecans return to oven and bake for 15 - 20 mins @ 350.
Cool well before trying to cut.