Using primarily brown sugar and real butter gives these cookies a lightly buttery caramel flavor. Bake them just until brown on the edges for chewy, slightly longer to be crisp.
You can use almost any candy that’s chocolatey or would be good mixed into ice cream in these cookies – diced up candy bars, M&Ms, nuts, chocolate chips, toffee or any combination. I used a combination of peanut, peanut butter and regular M&Ms on this particular batch.
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 c
- brown sugar
- 1/2 c
- 1 c
- butter, softened
- 2 large
- 1 1/2 tsp
- pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 c
- all purpose flour
- 1 tsp
- baking soda
- 1 tsp
- 1 1/2 - 2 c
- candy pieces
How to Make Candy Cookies
- 1Cream together butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla until fluffy.
- 2Add flour, baking soda and salt. Mix well.
- 3Use a sturdy spoon to stir in candy – the mixer would pulverize it.
- 4Scoop onto cookie sheets, spacing about 3 inches apart. They will spread a bit when they bake.
- 5Bake 9-12 minutes at 350 until edges are golden brown.
- 6Cool a couple minutes on the pans then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 7Secure an excellent hiding place to avoid the entire batch being devoured by wandering spouses and devious children before they even cool completely.