Candy Cane Shortbread
- 2 stick
- 1/3 c
- 2 1/2 c
- all-purpose flour
- 12 oz
- white chocolate chips
- 1 c
- crushed candy canes or peppermint candies
How to Make Candy Cane Shortbread
- 1Beat butter at medium speed of an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add sugar, beating well. Add flour, beating just until blended.
- 2Divide dough into 3 equal portions. Place 1 portion of dough on an ungreased cookie sheet; roll into a 6" circle. Score dough into 8 triangles. Repeat procedure with remaining 2 portions of dough.
- 3Bake at 325 degrees for 25 minutes or until barely golden. Cool on cookie sheets 5 minutes. Remove from cookie sheets, and cool completely on wire racks. Working very carefully, separate disks into wedges. (Shortbread is very fragile. Be gentle so tips remain intact.)
- 4Melt chips in top of double boiler over hot water (or use a glass bowl over a pan of water. Just don't let the water touch the bottom of the bowl.) Remove from heat. Carefully dip wide edges of shortbread in melted chocolate; place shortbread on wax paper. Sprinkle crushed candy over coated edges. Let stand until chocolate is hardened.