CAFE AU LAIT BARS W/CNNAMON COCOA GLAZE
Jo Anne Sugimoto
The photo is not mine, but it looks exactly like the one at our beach party.
1 1/2 csugar
2 tspvanilla extract
3/4 cbutter, melted
1/2 tspkosher salt
2 Tbspinstant espresso powder
1/4 cheavy cream
1 cpowdered sugar
4 tspcocoa powder
1/4 tspkosher salt
5 Tbspcream or milk
How to Make CAFE AU LAIT BARS W/CNNAMON COCOA GLAZE
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Lightly grease a 9x13-inch pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs until light-colored and thick.
- Add the sugar, beating until glossy and stiff.
- Add the vanilla and the melted butter, beating to combine, then stir in the flour and the salt.
- Set aside 1 1/2 cups of the batter. In a small bowl, combine the instant espresso powder and the heavy cream and then add to the remaining batter.
- Spread the coffee batter in the prepared pan and then spoon the reserved batter over the top.
- With a butter knife, swirl the two batters to marble them.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the sides have barely pulled away from the pan.
- Remove from the oven and onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Combine the powdered sugar, cinnamon, cocoa powder and salt.
- Gradually add the cream and whisk until there are no lumps remaining.
- Spread over the top of the bars and allow the glaze to set before cutting into bars.