CAFE AU LAIT BARS W/CNNAMON COCOA GLAZE
Jo Anne Sugimoto
The photo is not mine, but it looks exactly like the one at our beach party.
- 1 1/2 c
- 2 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 3/4 c
- butter, melted
- 2 c
- 1/2 tsp
- kosher salt
- 2 Tbsp
- instant espresso powder
- 1/4 c
- heavy cream
- 1 c
- powdered sugar
- 1 tsp
- 4 tsp
- cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp
- kosher salt
- 5 Tbsp
- cream or milk
How to Make CAFE AU LAIT BARS W/CNNAMON COCOA GLAZE
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Lightly grease a 9x13-inch pan.
- 2In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs until light-colored and thick.
- 3Add the sugar, beating until glossy and stiff.
- 4Add the vanilla and the melted butter, beating to combine, then stir in the flour and the salt.
- 5Set aside 1 1/2 cups of the batter. In a small bowl, combine the instant espresso powder and the heavy cream and then add to the remaining batter.
- 6Spread the coffee batter in the prepared pan and then spoon the reserved batter over the top.
- 7With a butter knife, swirl the two batters to marble them.
- 8Bake for 30 minutes or until the sides have barely pulled away from the pan.
- 9Remove from the oven and onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- 11Combine the powdered sugar, cinnamon, cocoa powder and salt.
- 12Gradually add the cream and whisk until there are no lumps remaining.
- 13Spread over the top of the bars and allow the glaze to set before cutting into bars.