Buttery Spritz Cookies
These are delicious, bite sized little butter cookies, perfect for parties. (these cookies are the star shaped cookies with the choclate in the center in the top left corner of the photo, as well as the large "S" shaped ones on the bottom.)
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 c
- unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 c
- granulated white sugar
- large egg
- 1 1/2 tsp
- pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 c
- all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp
- garnish: candied cherries, chocolate chips, colored sprinkles and sugars, nuts, ect.
How to Make Buttery Spritz Cookies
- 1Preheat oven to 350F and place the rack in center of oven. You will need two increased baking sheets.
- 2In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar until fluffy (2-3 minutes). Add the egg and vanilla extract and beat until incorporated. On low speed, gradually add the flour and salt and mix until incorporated.
- 3Have ready a pastry bag fitted with a 1/2-inch diameter open star tip. Fill the pastry bag about half fill, twist the end of the bag to close, and pipe 1 1/2 inch rosettes or stars by holding the pastry bag perpendicular to the ungreased baking sheet, with the tip almost touching the sheet. Squeeze the pastry bag firmly and evenly without moving it until the shape is the desired size. Stop squeezing and push the pastry bag down a little then lift the pastry bag straight up. Continue to pipe cookies, spacing about one inch apart. If desired, decorate the cookies with pieces of candied cherries, nuts, chocolate chips, or colored sugars.
- 4Bake cookies for about 6-9 minutes, or just until the edges of the cookies are barely tinged with brown. remove from oven and gently transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.