Buttery Almond Coconut Cookies
I do hope you enjoy my new original recipe.
1 1/2 stickbutter, unsalted
1 1/2 cpowdered sugar
1 ccake flour or pastry flour (not whole wheat)
1/2 calmond meal
1/4 tspbaking soda
1/2 tspbaking powder
1 tsppure vanilla extract (good quality)
1/2 tspalmond extract (not imitation)
3 csweetened coconut flakes
How to Make Buttery Almond Coconut Cookies
- With a stand mixer or hand mixer, cream butter (which needs to be softened) with the powdered sugar. Add the egg and mix well.
- Mix all dry ingredients together (do not include the coconut). Stir in the dry ingredients to combine with the beaten sugar, eggs and butter. Stir in extracts and mix well.
- Stir in the coconut flakes by hand until well distributed.
- Form up 1 1/4 inch balls of dough and place 9 at a time on a lightly greased cookie sheet or alternately on parchment paper.
- Bake, 1 sheet at a time in a 350 degree oven (325 degrees for convection) for about 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool, only slightly....say less than a minute, then transfer to a rack to cool completely with a spatula. Do not stack.
- Store in an airtight container between layers of wax paper. Makes around 32 irresistible cookies.