Butterscotch Spice Cookies
These cookies taste similar to ginger snaps, but are softer.
- 1 box
- betty crocker spice cake mix (or your preference)
- 1 large
- 1/2 c
- butter or margarine
- 1 c
- butterscotch chips (i used 2 handfulls. i have small hands.
- you can use any flavor of cake mix or chips or nuts that you prefer.
How to Make Butterscotch Spice Cookies
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- 2Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil and spray with non stick spray (you do not have to do this but I am lazy1) I usually use a 9x13 cookie sheet. But I have used a bigger one. The cookies are thinner and get done faster. Your choice.
- 3Mix egg and butter together.
- 4Stir cake mix into the egg and butter mixture.
- 5Stir in butterscotch chips.
- 6Spread the cookie dough onto cookie sheet. If you wet your hands, it is easier to spread the dough in the pan.
- 7Bake 10 to 20 minutes. Bake time will depend on the size cookie sheet that you use. Also, I am at at a high altitude, so it does take a bit longer.
- 8Remove cookies from the oven. While still warm, take a spatula and cut/score the cookies into the size that you want them. I make mine about 2x2. Lift the foil out of the pan and place on wire rack to cool. It is easy to peel the cookies off the foil when the are cool.