Butterscotch Refrigerator Cookies
The dough gets shaped into two 12-inch logs. If you don’t need 4 dozen cookies in your kitchen all at once, refrigerate one log and and freeze the other. The dough in the refrigerator will be good for up to a week. The frozen log should be used within three months.
How to Make Butterscotch Refrigerator Cookies
- 1Cream shortening. Add brown sugar gradually and cream together.
- 2Add eggs and vanilla.
- 3Sift flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt together.
- 4Using a wooden spoon, stir the flour mixture into the creamed mixture.
- 5Stir in the nuts.
- 6Shape the dough into 2 (12-inch) rolls and wrap in waxed paper. Refrigerate and chill thoroughly, at least a few hours, but preferably overnight.
- 7Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 8Use sharp knife to cut dough into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Place on prepared baking sheet.
- 9Bake in preheated 375-degree oven for 8 to 10 minutes.