Blue Ribbon Recipe
These are such good cookies, If rum extract is not your flavor of choice, you can always change it up to your liking. I guarantee everyone will eat up these cookies! The Test Kitchen
3/4 cbutter, room temperature + 1 Tbsp.
1/2 cpowdered sugar
1 3/4 call purpose flour
6 ozpackage butterscotch chips
1 cfinely chopped pecans
3 cpowdered sugar
1 tsprum extract
1/2 cchopped pecans
3 to 4 Tbspmilk or water
How to Make Butternuts
- Cream butter with powdered sugar and salt til light and fluffy.
- Blend in flour, mix well.
- Add butterscotch chips and 1 cup finely chopped pecans.
- Shape dough, a scant teaspoonful at a time, into balls.
- Place 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake in 325' oven for 15 minutes or until firm but not brown.
- Let cool on wire racks.
- Make rum glaze. Mix the ingredients until smooth.
- You can either dip the cookies in the glaze or use a spoon to pour over cookies. Sprinkle with chopped pecans.