Butter Pecan Turtle Cookies
2 call purpose flour
1 cfirmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cland o lakes sweet cream butter, softened
1 cwhole pecan halves
2/3 cland o lakes sweet cream butter
1/2 cfirmly packed brown sugar
1 cmilk chocolate chips
How to Make Butter Pecan Turtle Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl combine ingredients for crust. Mix at medium speed till well mixed and mixture is fine.
- Pat into ungreased 13x9 pan. Make sure it's packed firmly.
- Spread the pecan evenly over crust.
- Prepare the caramel layer and pour evenly over the crust and pecans.
- Bake for 18 to 22 minutes . Caramel layer should be bubbly and crust a light golden brown.
- As soon as you remove from oven, sprinkle the chips on top
- All chips to melt 2 to 3 minutes. Slightly swirl the chips as they melt, making a marbled effect. Don't spread them.
- cool completely then cut into bars.
- CARAMEL LAYER:
In saucepan combine brown sugar and butter. Stir constantly over medium heat, until surface begins to boil. Continue to boil for 1 minute stirring constantly.