Butter Nut Chewies
- 1/2 cup butter flavored crisco
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups unsifted all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup finely chopped nuts (your choice)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
How to Make Butter Nut Chewies
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees;Grease 13x9x2 inch baking pan with butter flavored crisco
- 2Beat eggs until light and foamy in large bowl of electric mixer (or use large bowl and hand held electric mixer)
- 3Beat in sugar,vanilla and butter flavored crisco until creamy texture
- 4Combine flour with baking powder and salt.Add to the egg mixture.Mix at low speed until blended.
- 5Stir in the nuts at low speed (mixture will be stiff)
- 6Spread evenly in prepared pan.Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until top is light brown.
- 7Cool 10-15 minutes.Cut into bars.Makes 2 dozen medium sized or 24 small sized.
- 8Store in air tight container.