☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
3/4 cunsalted butter, room temperature
1 cgranulated sugar
1 1/2 tsplemon rind, grated
1 1/2 tsplemon juice
1 1/2 tspkirsch (cherry liqueur)
2 call purpose flour
·colored sugar crystals or plain pearl sugar crystals
How to Make Butter Crisps: 1986 Winner
- Beat butter, sugar, egg yolks, lemon rind, lemon juice, cherry liqueur and salt in large mixer bowl.
- Stir in the flour. Shape into ball; cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Roll dough 1/8-inch thick on lightly floured cloth-covered board. Cut into desired shapes.
- Place on greased baking sheet; sprinkle with sugar crystals.
- Bake 10 minutes (cookies should not brown). Cool on wire racks.
- Store in airtight container 2 days to develop flavor. Cookies can be stored in airtight container at room temperature up to 6 weeks or in freezer up to 2 months.