Brownies with a Swirl
They ended up being moist and rich, and now they are one of my most popular recipes to make. So many people ask for the recipe now, and I put it on my blog for them to find:
And now they can find it on our beloved JAP site!
1/2 cbutter, melted
1/2 ccocoa powder
2 tspvanilla extract
CREAM CHEESE SWIRL FILLING
8 ozsoftened cream cheese
1 1/2 tspvanilla
How to Make Brownies with a Swirl
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray an 8x8-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- To make Brownies:
In the bowl of an electric mixer on medium speed, mix butter, sugar, cocoa powder and vanilla until mixed thoroughly.
- Add eggs and beat until smooth. Gradually add flour, 1/4 cup at a time, and mix on low speed, JUST until combined. Pour half into bottom of prepared pan.
- To make Cream Cheese Swirl:
In a medium bowl, whisk all ingredients until smooth. Pour all of this mixture of the brownie mixture in baking dish and spread out to edges.
- Spoon remaining brownie batter of top of cream cheese swirl mixture and spread gently with a knife or spoon. Swirl with a knife and bake 35-40 minutes, just until set in the middle.
- Let cool completely before cutting into 9 equal servings.