Michelle E Duren
---I ALWAYS DOUBLE THIS RECIPE!---
1 call-purpose flour
1/4 tspbaking soda
2/3 cgranulated sugar
1/3 cunsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 cpacked brown sugar
1/4 cbuttermilk or sour milk*
1 Tbsppowdered sugar
How to Make Brownie Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degress F.
- In a small bowl stir together flour and baking soda; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan melt the butter then remove from heat.
- To the melted butter, stir in the sugars and cocoa powder.
- Stir in buttermilk (or sour milk) and vanilla to the butter/sugar mix.
- Stir in the flour mixture. At this point, the dough gets really stiff so put on your muscles!
- Cover and chill the dough for 1 hour.
- Scoop up enough dough to round into a 2/2 inch ball, then place on a cookie sheet. Squish down ball with the palm of your hand or the bottom of a glass, covered in plastic wrap, to make flat. (About 1/2 inch thick.
- -In between batches, keep the dough in the refridgerator.-
- Bake for 10 minutes or until edges are set. Cool on cookie sheet for 1 minute, then transfer to a wire rack and let cool. Sprinkle very lightly with powdered sugar.
- *To make 1/4 cup sour milk, pour 3/4 teaspoon lemon juice or vinegar in a 1/4 measuring cup, then fill the rest of the cup up to make a total of 1/4 cup; stir. Let mixture stand for 5 minutes before using.
- Info per cookie: Calories 73, total fat (g)2, saturated fat (g)1, cholesterol (mg)6, sodium (mg)38, carbohydrate (g) 12, protein (g)1. DIABETIC EXCHANGES. Other carbohydrates (d.e.)1.