Michelle E Duren
- 1 c
- all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp
- baking soda
- 1/4 c
- 2/3 c
- granulated sugar
- 1/3 c
- unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 c
- packed brown sugar
- 1/4 c
- buttermilk or sour milk*
- 1 tsp
- 1 Tbsp
- powdered sugar
---I ALWAYS DOUBLE THIS RECIPE!---
How to Make Brownie Cookies
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degress F.
- 2In a small bowl stir together flour and baking soda; set aside.
- 3In a medium saucepan melt the butter then remove from heat.
- 4To the melted butter, stir in the sugars and cocoa powder.
- 5Stir in buttermilk (or sour milk) and vanilla to the butter/sugar mix.
- 6Stir in the flour mixture. At this point, the dough gets really stiff so put on your muscles!
- 7Cover and chill the dough for 1 hour.
- 8Scoop up enough dough to round into a 2/2 inch ball, then place on a cookie sheet. Squish down ball with the palm of your hand or the bottom of a glass, covered in plastic wrap, to make flat. (About 1/2 inch thick.
- 9-In between batches, keep the dough in the refridgerator.-
- 10Bake for 10 minutes or until edges are set. Cool on cookie sheet for 1 minute, then transfer to a wire rack and let cool. Sprinkle very lightly with powdered sugar.
- 11*To make 1/4 cup sour milk, pour 3/4 teaspoon lemon juice or vinegar in a 1/4 measuring cup, then fill the rest of the cup up to make a total of 1/4 cup; stir. Let mixture stand for 5 minutes before using.
- 12Info per cookie: Calories 73, total fat (g)2, saturated fat (g)1, cholesterol (mg)6, sodium (mg)38, carbohydrate (g) 12, protein (g)1. DIABETIC EXCHANGES. Other carbohydrates (d.e.)1.