Brownie Bites with Mint Cream Cheese Swirls
I would change up the color of the cream cheese filling to go with either the season, decorations or theme of the gathering.
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- favorite brownie recipe or mix plus ingredients to prepare it
- 4 oz
- cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 Tbsp
- butter, unsalted
- 1 1/2 c
- powdered sugar
- 1 tsp
- peppermint extract
- green food coloring
How to Make Brownie Bites with Mint Cream Cheese Swirls
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F and prepare mini-muffin pan by lightly spraying with cooking spray.
- 2Prepare brownie recipe or mix as per instructions.
Fill each well of mini-muffin pan half full with batter using a small cookie scoop and bake for 10-15 minutes.
- 3While brownies are still warm and in the pan, gently press centers to create a well, then allow to cool slightly in the pan.
To remove brownies from the pan, gently twist and lift; allow brownies to cool completely.
Make frosting by beating together the cream cheese, butter, and peppermint extract; gradually add the confectioner's sugar and beat until smooth. Gradually add green food coloring until desired color is achieved.
- 5Fill pastry bag fitted with desired tip (I used Wilton 1M) with frosting and pipe into the center of each brownie bite. If frosting becomes too soft, refrigerate for awhile.
- 6Serve immediately or refrigerate.
Orange extract and red and yellow food coloring, raspberry or strawberry extract and red food coloring, lemon extract and yellow food coloring. Use your imagination or your occasion to dictate how you will serve them.