Brownie Almond Biscotti
This biscotti tastes like rich brownies with a big crunch. The vanilla drizzle melts slightly when dipped in coffee or tea. They're delicious!
1/2 cbutter (melted)
2 1/2 cflour
1 1/3 csugar
3/4 ccocoa powder (baking cocoa)
2 tspbaking powder
1/2 tspbaking soda
1 csliced almonds (toasted)
1/2 cmini chocolate chips
1/2 cvanilla chips
1 1/2 tspshortening
How to Make Brownie Almond Biscotti
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. In a large bowl, combine butter, eggs and vanilla until well blended.
- Combine flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add to butter mixture until combined.
- Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead in almonds and chocolate chips. Divide dough in half.
- On an ungreased baking sheet, shape each portion into a 12 inch by 3 inch log, leaving 3 inches between the logs.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 30 minutes or until set and tops are cracked. Let cool for 15 minutes.
- Carefully transfer to a cutting board. Cut diagonally with a serrated knife into 1 inch slices.
- Place cut side down on ungreased baking sheets. Bake for 20 minutes or until firm and dry. Remove to wire rack to cool.
- Microwave vanilla chips and shortening, checking every 20 seconds. Stir until smooth. Drizzle or pipe over biscotti. Allow to dry.