Brown Sugar Shortbread
My sister was visiting and I had a plate of Brown Sugar Shortbread on the table. We sat chatting & she ate about 5 cookies in just a few minutes. When she realized it she slid the cookie plate across the table & said, "Oh, my goodness! Get those cookies out of the room before I eat them all!"
Brown sugar shortbread is a simple recipe, easy to prepare. It can be made into different shapes, dressed up or dressed down!
How to Make Brown Sugar Shortbread
- Cream together softened butter and brown sugar.
- Stir in flour and form into a ball.
- Divide dough in half. With palms of hands pat each half into rectangles 1/2 inch thick. Cut out cookies using 2 1/2 inch round cookie or biscuit cutter.**
- Place 1 1/2 inch apart on non-stick cookie pans. (do not grease)Bake at 300 degrees for 12-15 minutes or until edges begin to lightly brown.
- You may choose to decorate with pecan "cookie pieces" or your favorite butter cream frosting. However, these are awesome in their pure simple state.
- ** If dough becomes soft and difficult to handle, refrigerate for 15 minutes.