Brown Sugar Refrigerator Crisps
Rev BJ Friley
Oven Temp: 350 degrees F
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Chilling Time: Overnight
Baking Time: 10 minutes per sheet
Tips: The dough will keep as long as 1 & 1/2 weeks in the refrigerator. Wrap well and seal before refrigerating.
2eggs, slightly beaten
2 clight or dark brown sugar, packed
1 cbutter or margarine
3 1/2 cunsifted all purpose flour
1 tspbaking soda
1 cfinely chopped walnuts
How to Make Brown Sugar Refrigerator Crisps
- In a mixer bowl, cream together eggs, sugar, butter and vanilla.
- Combine flour, soda and salt.
- Add to egg mixture.
- Blend well.
- Stir in nuts, if used.
- Divide dough in half.
- Roll each half into a log, 2-inches in diameter, in waxed paper.
- Twist ends to shut.
- Refrigerate until firm, at least overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut rolls into 1/4-inch thick slices.
- Set slices, 1-inch apart, on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden crisp.
- Serve hot or remove while hot onto rack to cool.