Brown Sugar Refrigerator Crisps
Rev BJ Friley
Oven Temp: 350 degrees F
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Chilling Time: Overnight
Baking Time: 10 minutes per sheet
Tips: The dough will keep as long as 1 & 1/2 weeks in the refrigerator. Wrap well and seal before refrigerating.
- eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 c
- light or dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 c
- butter or margarine
- 3 tsp
- 3 1/2 c
- unsifted all purpose flour
- 1 tsp
- baking soda
- 1/2 tsp
- 1 c
- finely chopped walnuts
How to Make Brown Sugar Refrigerator Crisps
- 1In a mixer bowl, cream together eggs, sugar, butter and vanilla.
- 2Combine flour, soda and salt.
- 3Add to egg mixture.
- 4Blend well.
- 5Stir in nuts, if used.
- 6Divide dough in half.
- 7Roll each half into a log, 2-inches in diameter, in waxed paper.
- 8Twist ends to shut.
- 9Refrigerate until firm, at least overnight.
- 10Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 11Cut rolls into 1/4-inch thick slices.
- 12Set slices, 1-inch apart, on ungreased cookie sheets.
- 13Bake at 350 degrees F for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden crisp.
- 14Serve hot or remove while hot onto rack to cool.