Brown Sugar Easter cookies
14 Tbspunsalted butter
2 cbrown sugar
2 cplus 2 tbls flour
1/2 tspbaking soda
1/4 tspbaking powder
1 Tbspvanilla extract
24mini chocolate easter eggs
How to Make Brown Sugar Easter cookies
- Heat 10 tbs of butter over medium high heat until melted. Continue to cook, swirling until butter has an amber colour and nutty smell (about 3 minutes). Remove from heat, pour into heat safe bowl, and add remaining 4 tbs butter, stirring till melted. Leave to cool for 15 minutes.
- Use the time to preheat oven to 175C (350F) and line two cookie sheets with parchment paper. Prepare shallow dish with 1/4 cup sugar and 1/4 cup brown sugar. Use fingers to mix together.
- In a medium bowl whisk together dry ingredients (minus salt and remaining brown sugar).
- Add the remaining brown sugar and salt to butter bowl. Once combined add egg and egg yolk. Finally stir in dry ingredients until just combined.
- Roll dough into 24 balls, coat in sugar mixture and place on baking tray
- Bake for 12-14 minutes. Do not over bake. Cookies will appear underdone. Cool for 5 minutes on baking tray. Press one egg into the center of each cookie. Transfer to wire rack to finish cooling.