1 1/2 stickbutter, unsalted at room temperature
1 1/4 cdark brown sugar
1 largeegg, room temperature
2 call purpose flour
2 tspbaking soda
1/2 tspkosher salt
1/2 tspground ginger
1/2 tspground cinnamon
How to Make Brown Sugar Cookies With Ginger
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Line 2 baking sheets with silicon pads or parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer with paddle attachment mix together butter and brown sugar, about 6 minutes.
- Add the egg and mix well.
- In a separate bowl sift together flour, baking soda, salt, ginger and cinnamon.
- Slowly add flour mixture to the butter mixture until just combined.
- Distribute tablespoon sized dough drops onto the baking sheets, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes.
- Let cool on wire rack for a chewier cookie cookie or on the baking sheet for a crunchier version.