Black Cat Cookies
This cookie idea from Land O'Lakes.
- 2 c
- granulated sugar
- 1 c
- soft butter
- 3 large
- 1 Tbsp
- 3 c
- all purpose flour
- 3/4 c
- unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 tsp
- each of baking soda and baking powder
- 1/2 tsp
- garnishes: candy corn and red cinnamon candies
How to Make Black Cat Cookies
- 1Combine sugar and butter in a large bowl; beat at medium speed until well mixed. Add 1 egg at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla; beat well.
- 2Combine all remaining ingredients except garnishes, in a medium bowl. Reduce speed to low , add flour mixture to butter mixture. Beat until well mixed.
Divide dough in half. Shape each in a ball; flatten to 1/2 inch. Wrap in plastic wrap. Chill at least 1 hour.
- 3Heat oven to 350^. Roll out dough on lightly floured surface, one of the balls at a time( keep the other in the fridge)flatten to 1/4-inch thickness. Cut with a 3-inch round cookie cutter. Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- 4Using fingers, pinch up ears at top of each circle. Place 2 pieces candy corn onto cookies for eyes and 1 red cinnamon candy for nose. Press tines of fork on each side of cookie below eyes to form whiskers.
- 5Bake for 7-9 minutes or until cookies are set. Do not over bake. Let cool 1 minute on cookie sheet; remove to wire cooling rack.
Use different color varieties of candy corn to make different colored eyes.
You can use parchment paper on cookie sheets if desired for easy clean-up.