★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 call purpose flour
1/2 - 3/4 cbrown sugar, firmly packed, dark brown
2 tspbaking powder
1/2 stickbutter, cold
3 ozeggs, about 2 x-large
2 tsppure vanilla extract
1 1/2 tspalmond extract
2 ozalmonds, blanched = 1/4 cup
How to Make Biscotti
- 350* oven
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder.
Slice very cold butter into flour mix.
Using a fork mix together until evenly crumbly.
- Using a spoon stir in egg whites, and vanilla, and almond extracts.
- Fold in 1 ounce = 1/8 C of the nuts.
- FLOUR YOUR HANDS & the counter.
- Roll dough into logs 1 inch in diameter.
- Press 2nd ounce ( 1/8 c.) of almonds on top of logs OR
pick up each log & press into almonds on one side only.
You can bake them as whole logs---
I slice each log into diagonal pieces now.
This way you get the crunch w/ one baking time!
- Place onto baking sheet.
Leave space for logs or cookies to expand.
Use parchment paper on top of baking sheet before placing cookies.
Makes cleanup easier!
- Bake 20 minutes if pre sliced into small cookies
30 minutes if left as whole logs.
Cool 10 minutes.
- If you baked them in log form - slice on the diagonal.
This is quite messy.
- If you baked them as logs,
clear off small broken pieces of nuts
& return to oven for 10 additional minutes.
Biscotti should be a HARD crunchy cookie, not soft.