- 1 lb
- of lard or crisco
- 1 1/2 c
- 2 tsp
- anise seed (can generally be found in mexican cooking isle in grocery store)
- eggs, beaten
- 6 c
- 3 tsp
- baking powder
- 1 tsp
- 1/2 c
- brandy* or you could substitute real orange juice no pulp or low pulp
- 1/4 c
- 1 Tbsp
How to Make Biscochitos
- 1Cream lard, sugar, and anise seed in a large mixing bowl.
Add eggs and beat well.
- 2Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
Alternately add flour and brandy or Orange juice to creamed mixture until stiff dough has been formed.
- 3Knead dough slightly and pat or roll to a 1/4 inch to a 1/2 inch thickness.
Cut dough into desired shapes.
- 4Combine sugar and cinnamon in a small mixing bowl. Dust the top of each cookie with a small amount of mixture.
Bake in a 350F oven for 10 minutes, or until cookies are lightly browned.