★★★★★ 1 vote5
6 csifted flour
3 tspbaking powder
1 lblard or butter
1 1/2 csugar
2 tspanise seed
1/4 cbrandy or use 1/4 cup more sugar
How to Make Biscochitos
- Cream lard, sugar and anise seed in a large mixing bowl. Add eggs and beat well.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Alternately add flour and brandy to creamed mixture until stiff dough has been formed.
- Knead dough slightly and pat or roll to a 1/4 inch to a 1/2 inch thickness. Cut dough into desired shapes.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon in a small mixing bowl. Dust the top oof each cookie with a small amount of mixture.
- Bake at 350 for 10 minutes, or until cookies are lightly browned.
- Yield: 5 dozen.
***Bourbon or sherry may be substitued in place of the brandy.