★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 6 c
- sifted flour
- 3 tsp
- baking powder
- 1 tsp
- 1 lb
- lard or butter
- 1 1/2 c
- 2 tsp
- anise seed
- eggs, beaten
- 1 Tbsp
- 1/4 c
- brandy or use 1/4 cup more sugar
How to Make Biscochitos
- 1Cream lard, sugar and anise seed in a large mixing bowl. Add eggs and beat well.
- 2Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- 3Alternately add flour and brandy to creamed mixture until stiff dough has been formed.
- 4Knead dough slightly and pat or roll to a 1/4 inch to a 1/2 inch thickness. Cut dough into desired shapes.
- 5Combine sugar and cinnamon in a small mixing bowl. Dust the top oof each cookie with a small amount of mixture.
- 6Bake at 350 for 10 minutes, or until cookies are lightly browned.
- 7Yield: 5 dozen.
***Bourbon or sherry may be substitued in place of the brandy.