☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 cbrown sugar
2 cunsifted flour
1/2 cground nuts
·jelly, your favorite flavor
How to Make Birds In The Nest
- In a large bowl, cream the sugar and butter.
- Add egg yolks, water, flour, vanilla and salt.
- Mix well and compress into a ball.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Break pieces off to form small, walnut-size balls.
- Dip each ball in unbeaten egg whites, then roll in ground nuts.
- Slightly flatten ball to form disk, then press finger in center to form a small well.
- Fill the well with a drop of jelly. (Don't put in to much or it will melt over the side of the cookie.)
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes on a greased cookie sheet.
- Remove from oven and cool cookies on wire racks. Yield: about 4 dozen.