Big and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
There is no need to refrigerate the dough for these cookies to turn out perfect. If you do choose the refrigerate the dough...cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate up to 3 days. However, lower the oven temp to 300 degrees and bake for 25 to 30 minutes instead.
Try these..you won't be disappointed. I like using Ghiradelli Bittersweet chips for these. They're larger than the average semisweet chip. Perfect for a jumbo cookie.
- 3 1/3 c
- 3/4 tsp
- baking soda
- 1/2 tsp
- 16 Tbsp
- unsalted butter (2 sticks), melted and cooled
- 1 1/4 c
- packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 c
- white sugar
- large eggs
- large egg yolks
- 1 Tbsp
- vanilla extract
- 2 c
- semisweet chocolate chips
How to Make Big and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1Adjust oven racks to the upper- and lower-middle positions and heat over to 325 degrees. Whisk the flour, baking soda, and salt together in a large bowl and set aside.
- 2Beat the butter and sugars in a large bowl using an electric mixer on medium speed just until combined 1 to 2 minutes. Beat in eggs, egg yolks, and vanilla until combined, about 30 seconds, scaping down the bowl and beaters as needed.
- 3Reduce the mixer to low and slowly mix in the flour mixture until combined, about 30 seconds. Mix in the chocolate chips.
- 4Working with 1/4 cup of dough at a time, roll dough into balls and lay on two parchment-lined baking sheets, spaced about 2 1/2 inches apart. Bake until edges are golden but centers are still soft and puffy, 17 - 20 minutes, rotating and switching the baking sheets halfway through baking.
- 5Let the cookies cool on the baking sheets for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to let cool completely.