BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
The dough has to be chilled for about 2 hours, so that's part of the prep time.
I made 2 batches and froze one of them for at least 6 months. It freezes well.
I got the recipe from About.com/Busy Cooks.
1 cbutter, softened
1 1/2 cbrown sugar
1/2 cgranulated sugar
1/2 coatmeal, uncooked
1/2 cwhite chocolate chips
2 1/4 cflour
1 tspbaking soda
2 csemi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cmilk chocolate chips
1 csalted cashews, chopped
How to Make BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
- In a large bowl, combine butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar and beat well until smooth and fluffy.
- Add vanilla, eggs, egg yolk and mix well.
- In a food processor, combine oatmeal and white chocolate chips. Grind until particles are very fine. Stir into the butter mixture along with the flour and baking soda.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and cashews, until blended.
- Cover and chill at least 2 hours before baking.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Drop dough from small ice cream scoops onto parchment paper-lined cookie sheets. Bake 14 to 16 minutes or until cookies are slightly browned around the edges and are set. Slide the parchment paper off the cookie sheet onto cooling racks and let cool. Then use a spatula to remove the cookies from the paper and store in an airtight container.