Very Berry Bars
The second is a triple berry bar using vanilla extract.
I dusted powdered sugar over these for presentation.
These are very moist and more like a dessert than a bar cookie. Delicious!
3/4 call purpose flour
1/4 cgranulated sugar
1 dash(es)cinnamon (see description)
1/2 tspbaking soda
1 tspvanilla extract (or almond)
1 1/2 craspberries or blueberries (fresh or frozen)
1 tspgrated lemon peel
How to Make Very Berry Bars
- Blueberries/raspberries should be fresh or frozen, not thawed.
- May use a mixture of the two.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray an 8" square baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, whisk flour, sugar, baking soda and salt.
- Whisk in buttermilk and vanilla.
- Spread evenly into prepared pan.
- Distribute berries evenly over batter.
- In a small bowl, combine sugar, constarch, and lemon peel.
- Sprinkle evenly over berries and bake in upper third of oven 35-40 minutes, or until golden brown and beginning to pull away form the edges of pan.
- Cool completely before cutting.