Benne Seed Wafers
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1/2 csesame seeds white or black
1/2 cbutter, unsalted, room temperature
1/2 tsppure vanilla extract
1 3/4 call purpose flour
2 tspbaking powder
1/2 tspbaking soda
1/2 tspkosher salt
How to Make Benne Seed Wafers
- Toast sesame seeds in a heavy skillet over medium heat 5 minutes or until toasted, stirring often.
- Beat butter at medium speed with mixer until creamy; gradually add sugar, beating well. Stir in sesame seeds, eggs and vanilla.
- Combine flour and remaining ingredients; stir into butter mixture. Cover and chill at least one hour.
- Shape Doug into 1/2 -inch balls, and place on a lightly greased baking sheet. Flatten to 1/15 -inch thickness with floured fingers or a flat-bottomed glass.
- Bake at 325-degrees for 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Immediately transfer to wire racks to cool.