Basic Biscotti Recipe
Hope you enjoy!
How to Make Basic Biscotti Recipe
- Please read through the entire recipe first to decide which flavor you want to make, there are some that require substitutions. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease baking sheet or line with parchment paper.
- In large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Combine flour and baking powder, stir into the creamed mixture until well blended. Works best if done by hand.
- This is where you would add in your favorite things, get creative!
- For Cherry Chocolate Chip: add 1/2 cup chopped marichino cherries and 1/2 cup of mini chocolate chips(you may substitute Almond extract for the vanilla) Drizzle with white chocolate after cooled!
- For Triple Chocolate: substitute 1/3 cup unsweeteded cocoa powder for 1/4 cup of the flour in the recipe. Add 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips and 1/2 cup walnuts. Drizzle with white chocolate when cooled.
- For Apple Pie Biscotti: Substitue 1 T. apple cider for the vanilla. Add 2 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon, and 1/3 cup slivered almonds.
- For Almond Joy Biscotti: substitute Almond extract for the vanilla,add 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips, 1/3 cup coconut. Drizzle with chocolate when cooled.
- Shape into 16 x 3 x 3/4 inch loaf. Place onto baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes or until firm. cool for 10 minutes on baking sheet.
- Using a serrated knife, cut into 1/2 inch slices. Lay slices on their side, and bake for 10 minutes on each side or until firm. Cool completely.