- 1---12 oz
- pkg. vanilla wafers
- ripe bananas, sliced
- 2 c
- 1/2 c
- 1/3 c
- all-purpose flour
- egg yolks
- 1/8 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- vanilla exract
- egg whites
- 1/4 c
- meringue can be optional !!!!!
How to Make BANANA PUDDING
- 1Prepare Pudding: Preheat oven to 325* if you are going to make the meringue.
- 2Arrange one-third of vanilla wafers in a medium-size ovenproof bowl (about 2 quart size) Cover with one-third of banana slices. Repeat layers twice with remaining vanilla wafers and bananas.
- 3Whisk together milk and next 4 ingredients in a heavy saucepan. Cook over medium-low heat,whisking constantly, 15 minutes or until pudding-like thickness. Remove from heat, and stir in vanilla. Pour over vanilla wafers and bananas in bowl.
- 4Prepare Meringue: Beat egg whites at medium speed with an electric mixer until foamy. Gradually add sugar, beating until sugar dissolves and stiff peaks form. Spread meringue over pudding, sealing to edge of bowl.
- 5Bake at 325* for 15 minutes or until golden. Serve immediately, or let cool completely (about 30 minutes) and cover and chill 1 hour before serving.
- 6TIP::::1/2 cup no-calorie sweetener may be substituted. It was tested with Splenda No-calorie Granulated Sweetener. ( DO NOT SUBSTITUTE SWEETENER IN MERINGUE.)