They are Yummy!
* Pumpkin Bumps-Prepare Banana Bumps as it call for, Except substitute 1 Cup of canned pumpkin for the mashed bananas, add 1/8 tsp. of Ground Cloves to the mixture.
*Sweet Potato Bumps- Prepare Banana Bumps as it call for, Except substitute 1 Cup mashed
cooked sweet potatoes * (I prefer Beauregard Yams- much better flavor!!) for the mashed bananas.
1/2 cbutter- 1 stick
3/4 cpacked brown sugar
1 cmashed bananas,3 med.
2 call purpose flour
1 1/2 tspbaking powder
1/2 tspcinnamon, ground
1/4 tspbaking soda
How to Make Banana Bumps
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Grease cookie sheets. In a large mixer bowl beat butter with electric mixer in medium speed til softened ( about 30 seconds). Add brown sugar and beat til fluffy.
- To get 1 cup of mashed bananas, peel a banana and cut into 3-4 pieces. Mash the pieces against the sides of the bowl with a fork til no big chunks of bananas are left. Spoon mashed bananas into a measuring cup. Do the same with the other bananas til you have a 1 level cup.
- Beat eggs and vanilla. Beat in mashed bananas. In a med. bowl stir together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda and salt With mixer on slow speed gradually add flour mixture to banana mixture, beating until well mixed.
- With a wooden spoon stir in raisins . Droop dough by rounded teaspoons about 2 inches apart onto the greased cookie sheets.
- Bake in the 375 F oven for 10 - 12 minutes, or til the edges are firm and bottoms are golden. With a pancake turner, lift cookies onto a cooling rack to cool.