Banacot Muffkies (Banana Apricot Muffin Cookies)
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 1/2 stickbutter, softened (i like salted when i bake)
1 1/2 csplenda sweetener
1/2 csplenda brown sugar
2ripe bananas, sliced
2 Tbspsugar-free apricot preserves
2 call purpose flour
1 tspbaking soda
1 Tbspcinnamon, ground
1/2 tspnutmeg, ground
1/2 csemi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cvanilla or white chocolate chips
How to Make Banacot Muffkies (Banana Apricot Muffin Cookies)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 3 large cookies sheets with non-stick baking spray and set aside.
- Cream softened butter and both type of sugars in mixer. Once mixed, add in 2 eggs and beat until creamy.
- In a separate bowl, mash together your bananas and apricot preserves. Add to mixture to your mixer and beat until smooth.
- In another bowl, combine dry ingredients: flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Stir until mixed.
- Turn mixer to medium-low speed and slowly add in dry ingredients until batter is fully mixed.
- Fold in both types of chocolate chips. Be careful not to over-mix the batter. If using a tabletop mixer, the kneading attachment works well for this step.
- Spoon batter onto greased cookies sheets, making sure to leave at least an inch around each spoonful. The cookies tend to spread out when baked. I fit about a dozen on each sheet.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 10-12 minutes or until edges begin to brown and centers are fluffy. A fork or toothpick should come out clean. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Makes about 3 dozen. Store in air-tight container to keep soft.