Apricot-Pecan Pinwheel Cookies
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 1 medium
- refrigerated pie crust
- 1 tsp
- 1/4 c
- granulated sugar
- 3 Tbsp
- apricot preserves ( or your favorite flavor)
- 1/2 c
- finely chopped pecans or walnuts
How to Make Apricot-Pecan Pinwheel Cookies
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Unroll one refrigerated Pie Crust on a flat work surface.
- 3In a small bowl, mix cinnamon and sugar.
Sprinkle dough surface with most of the cinnamon- sugar, reserving 2T for later.
- 4Spread the apricot preserves over the sugared dough.
Sprinkle the walnuts over the apricot layer.
- 5Starting at the edge, roll up the dough as tightly as possible into a log.
- 6Cut into 1/4" slices. ( about 16 slices)
- 7Place the cookies about 1" apart on a medium non-stick cookie sheet.
- 8Place in a 350 degree oven and bake 9-12 minutes until golden. Remove and let cool slightly before transferring to serving plate.