Apricot-Pecan Pinwheel Cookies
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 mediumrefrigerated pie crust
1/4 cgranulated sugar
3 Tbspapricot preserves ( or your favorite flavor)
1/2 cfinely chopped pecans or walnuts
How to Make Apricot-Pecan Pinwheel Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Unroll one refrigerated Pie Crust on a flat work surface.
- In a small bowl, mix cinnamon and sugar.
Sprinkle dough surface with most of the cinnamon- sugar, reserving 2T for later.
- Spread the apricot preserves over the sugared dough.
Sprinkle the walnuts over the apricot layer.
- Starting at the edge, roll up the dough as tightly as possible into a log.
- Cut into 1/4" slices. ( about 16 slices)
- Place the cookies about 1" apart on a medium non-stick cookie sheet.
- Place in a 350 degree oven and bake 9-12 minutes until golden. Remove and let cool slightly before transferring to serving plate.