APRICOT OATMEAL BARS
Jo Anne Sugimoto
1 1/4 call-purpose flour
1 1/4 cquick-cooking oats
3/4 cbutter, melted
1/2 tspbaking soda
2 tspvanilla extract
1 jar(s)apricot preserves (10 oz.)
1/2 cflaked coconut
How to Make APRICOT OATMEAL BARS
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- CRUMB MIXTURE:
- In a large mixer bowl, combine all crumb mixture ingredients. Beat at low speed, scraping bowl often, until mixture is crumbly, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Reserve one cup of the crumb mixture.
- Press the remaining crumb mixture onto the bottom of a greased 9 x 13 inch baking pan.
- Spread apricot preserves to within 1/2 inch from the edge of the crumb mixture.
- Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture and coconut.
- Bake for 22 to 27 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Remove from the oven onto a wire rack and let cool completely.
- Cut into bars. Makes 3 dozen bars.