Apricot Date Balls
- 3/4 c
- 1/2 c
- chopped dried apricots
- 1/2 c
- chopped dates (i prefer medjool if available)
- 2 large
- eggs, beaten
- 1 c
- finely chopped walnuts or cashews
- 1 tsp
- pure vanilla extract
- granulated sugar or desiccated coconut for dusting
How to Make Apricot Date Balls
- 1Line airtight container with wax paper.
- 2In a 2 quart saucepan, combine 3/4 cup sugar, the apricots, dates and eggs.
Cook over low heat for 6 to 8 minutes, or until mixture pulls away from the sides of pan, stirring constantly.
- 3Remove from heat.
Stir in walnuts and vanilla.
Let stand for 45 to 50 minutes or until mixture is cool enough to handle.
- 4Shape mixture into 1 inch balls.
Roll balls in sugar or desiccated coconut.
Place balls in prepared container.
Store in the refrigerator.