4 ozcream cheese, softened
1 Tbsplemon juice
1 tsplemon rind
6 ozchopped dried apricots
2 cflour, plus
3/4 tspbaking powder
How to Make Apricot Creams
- Cream the butter and sugar together. Blend in the cream cheese. Combine well.
- Beat in the egg, lemon juice, lemon rind, vanilla, and dried apricot pieces.
- In a bowl, combine the flour and baking powder. Add to the cream cheese mixture. Mix well.
- ***If you're willing to have a cookie that doesn't look like a thumbprint cookie, then roll the dough in wax paper to chill in the fridge. If you take a little time to make it round, you can just cut off discs, instead of doing the ball. You can still try to do the thumbprint, but it'll be easier. We've even discussed maybe using a form (like a bread tube), but haven't tried it.
- Chill dough in refrigerator or freezer for about 30 minutes.
- Shape dough into 1" balls. Place on ungreased cooking sheets.
- Make a thumb print in each cookie. Fill each with about 1/2 tsp preserves.
- Bake at 350*F for 15 minutes.