1 cup csugar
1 cupunsweetened applesauce
1 tspbaking soda
2 call purpose flour
1/2 cupchopped nuts
How to Make Applesauce cookies
- Cream shortening and sugar together.
- Add unsweetened applesauce and blend into mixture.
- Sift flour. Measure and add soda,salt and spices
- Sift again.
- Add sifted dry ingredients and stir until smooth.
- Add chopped nuts and raisins.
- Drop dough from a teaspoon onto a greased baking sheet, spaced 2 to 3 inches apart.
- Bake at 375 for approximately 12 minutes.
- Makes four dozen.