★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 box
- 1 frozen pie crustt
- 1 can(s)
- apple pie filling
- 1 c
- caramel sauce
- egg (for egg wash)
- 1 Tbsp
- flour for sprinkling
- round cookie cutter ( any size)
How to Make Apple Pie Cookies
- 1Lay out a sheet of Pie Crust, sprinkle it with some flour and slightly roll it out, just to increase its surface area.
- 2Pour some of the Caramel Sauce (Just enough to coat the crust) onto the crust and evenly spread it around, creating a thin layer of caramel…
- 3Coarsely chop the Apple Pie Filling into small pieces…
- 4Top the caramel layer with a layer of the chopped up Apple Pie Filling, making sure not to add too much pie filling…
- 5Roll out the second sheet of Pie Crust the same size as the first sheet, and slice it into strips…
- 6Create a lattice crust (just like on a pie) for the top of the pie filling…DON’T do what I did and create the lattice on the counter, it’s not fun getting it on top of the bottom crust..ugh! Create your lattice on top of the actual filling, as if it were a pie!
- 7Dip your cookie cutter into some egg wash and cut out your Pie Cookies…
- 8Brush the tops of them with some egg wash and sprinkle them with the Cinnamon Sugar and Nutmeg..
- 9Place them onto a baking sheet and bake them at 350 degrees for approx. 20-25 minutes, until they’re golden and firm. Let them cool just a little.