Apple Butter Thumbprint Cookies
Unfortunately the picture for these didn't make the move here, so I will have to post a picture as soon as I make them again.
1 c(2 sticks) butter, softened
1/2 cconfectioners' sugar
1 tspvanilla extract
2 call purpose flour
1 cchopped pecans
1 cspiced apple butter
How to Make Apple Butter Thumbprint Cookies
- Combine the butter and sugar in a large bowl; beat with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add the salt and vanilla, beating until well blended. Stir in the flour and pecans until blended.
- Divide the dough in half. Wrap each half in plastic wrap; chill for several hours or overnight. (Dough can be stored for up to 3 days.)
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Spray a baking sheet lightly with no-stick cooking spray.
- Shape the dough into 60 one-inch balls. Place on a baking sheet 2 inches apart. Press thumb gently in the center of each ball to make an indention. Fill each indention with 1 teaspoon apple butter.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until edges are lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.