Apple Butter Thumbprint Cookies
Unfortunately the picture for these didn't make the move here, so I will have to post a picture as soon as I make them again.
- 1 c
- (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1/2 c
- confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 tsp
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 2 c
- all purpose flour
- 1 c
- chopped pecans
- 1 c
- spiced apple butter
How to Make Apple Butter Thumbprint Cookies
- 1Combine the butter and sugar in a large bowl; beat with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add the salt and vanilla, beating until well blended. Stir in the flour and pecans until blended.
- 2Divide the dough in half. Wrap each half in plastic wrap; chill for several hours or overnight. (Dough can be stored for up to 3 days.)
- 3Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Spray a baking sheet lightly with no-stick cooking spray.
- 4Shape the dough into 60 one-inch balls. Place on a baking sheet 2 inches apart. Press thumb gently in the center of each ball to make an indention. Fill each indention with 1 teaspoon apple butter.
- 5Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until edges are lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.