★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 3 c
- 1 c
- 6 c
- sliced apples
- 1 1/2-2 c
- sugar (depending on apple sweetness)
- 1/2 c
- 1 tsp
How to Make Apple Bars
- 1for crust - blend together flour, lard and salt. Beat 1 egg and add to it enough milk to make 1 cup. Add this to the flour mixture. This dough will be a little sticky.
- 2Divide dough in half and roll to fit the bottom of a 10 x 15 cookie sheet with sides.
- 3Mix filling and put over crust.
- 4Roll out remaining dough for the top crust. Seal the edges and prick top crust with a fork.
- 5Bake at 350 for 1 hour or until bubbly and golden brown. After it cools, I like to glaze it with thin powdered sugar icing.