How to Make ANISE TOAST
- 1I ground the anise in a coffee bean grinder and the almonds in a blender.
- 2In a bowl cream the butter and add the eggs and vanilla.
- 3In another bowl mix dry ingredients plus the chopped nuts.
- 4Combine both mixtures. Roll into 2 balls and shape into long skinny loaves. Round off ends. You can make 4 balls and make smaller loaves.
- 5Place the loaves on a cookie sheet sprayed with Pam. Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.
- 6Take the cookie sheets out and with a bread knife slice into 3/4 inch cookies. Turn them on their sides and bake for an additional 10 minutes or till golden brown.