Anise Drop Cookies
How to Make Anise Drop Cookies
- 1Break eggs into measuring cup and add enough water, in necessary, to make 1/2 cup of liquid. Transfer to large mixing bowl and beat with an electric mixer until lemon colored, about 3 mintues. Slowly add sugar and beat until very thick, no less than 20 minutes.
- 2Meanwhile, sift flour and baking powder together in a small bowl. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or silpat.
- 3Turn mixer to low. Add anise to the egg mixture, then slowly add the flour mixture. Beat another 3 mintues at medium speed.
- 4Use a pastry bag or small cookie scoop to place small mounds about 1 inches apart on the lined cookie sheets. Place these uncovered, undisturbed, unrefridgerated, on a countertop for 12 hours.
- 5Bake in a well pre-heated oven at 350 degrees for 12 mintues. Cool and store in an airtight container.