- 3 1/2 c
- 1 1/4 c
- 4 1/2 tsp
- baking powder
- 1 c
- vegetable oil
- 1 oz
- anise extract
- 1 1/2 c
- powdered sugar
- 3-4 Tbsp
- 1 Tbsp
- butter, melted
- 1/2 tsp
- anise or almond flavoring (or vanilla)
How to Make Anise Biscotti
- 1In a large bowl wisk the dry ingredients together.
- 2Add the eggs to the dry mixture and start blending with a mixer.
- 3Add the oil and the anise flavoring (you could substitute with almond flavoring) and continue to mix, scraping bowl until all ingredients are well mixed. (Batter will be wet)
- 4On ungreased cookie sheet (I use a silpat) on them; arrange some of the batter in strips of 3-4 inches in width. (Allow room for spreading)I make 4 strips with this batter.
- 5Place in a preheated oven at 375 degrees, for about 20 minutes. Biscuits should be golden. Remove from oven and cool on rack.
- 6If icing the cookies, do this before cutting strips, width wise.
- 7Makes about 48 cookies.
- 8For the icing, combine the powdered sugar, butter and flavoring and mix well. Add the milk, 1 tablespoon at a time, until desired thickness is achieved. You should be able to spread it easily.