3 1/2 cflour
1 1/4 csugar
4 1/2 tspbaking powder
1 cvegetable oil
1 ozanise extract
1 1/2 cpowdered sugar
1 Tbspbutter, melted
1/2 tspanise or almond flavoring (or vanilla)
How to Make Anise Biscotti
- In a large bowl wisk the dry ingredients together.
- Add the eggs to the dry mixture and start blending with a mixer.
- Add the oil and the anise flavoring (you could substitute with almond flavoring) and continue to mix, scraping bowl until all ingredients are well mixed. (Batter will be wet)
- On ungreased cookie sheet (I use a silpat) on them; arrange some of the batter in strips of 3-4 inches in width. (Allow room for spreading)I make 4 strips with this batter.
- Place in a preheated oven at 375 degrees, for about 20 minutes. Biscuits should be golden. Remove from oven and cool on rack.
- If icing the cookies, do this before cutting strips, width wise.
- Makes about 48 cookies.
- For the icing, combine the powdered sugar, butter and flavoring and mix well. Add the milk, 1 tablespoon at a time, until desired thickness is achieved. You should be able to spread it easily.