Angel Wing cookies.
You will need heart shape cookie cutter. and rolling pin.
dough will need to chill at least 4 hours.
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1stick (1/2 cup) butter, softened
2 tspbaking powered
1/2 tsppure almond extract
1 2/3 call purpose flour
1white large egg. slightly beaten
How to Make Angel Wing cookies.
- Beat butter, sugar, and baking powder in a large bowl
with mixer on low speed to blend.increase to med-high
speed and beat until fluffy.
- Beat in egg and vanilla on low speed. Beat in flour and cornstarch until just blended. Divide dough in half. Shape each portion into a 1 inch thick disk.
- Wrap individually and refrigerate at least 4 hours or
until firm enough to roll out. Heat oven to 350. Have ready a 2 1/2 in heart shape cookie cutter.
- On lightly floured wax paper with lightly floured rolling pin roll 1 disk to 1/8 inch thickness. Keep
others refrigerated. Cut out hearts with cookie cutter, Slide paper onto a bake sheet freeze 5 to 10 minutes.
- Peel hearts off paper. Place i inch apart on ungreased bake sheet. Cut a 1 1/2 inch long slit at bottom of hearts. Spread apart slightly to form wings.
- Brush hearts with egg white. Attach 3 almonds on each sides of wings at the tips. Pressing down gently. Sprinkle lightly with sugar.
- Reroll scraps only once, or cookies will be tough. Bake 8 to 10 minutes until golden brown at edges.