Andes Mint Doodles
***An easy way to keep cookies soft a few days longer, put a piece of bread in the container with them.***
2 1/4 call-purpose flour, sifted
3/4 ccocoa, sifted
1/2 tspbaking soda
1/2 cunsalted butter, softened
3/4 cdark brown sugar, firmly packed
2large eggs, beaten
1 pkg10 oz andes crème de menthe baking chips
1 cpowdered sugar
How to Make Andes Mint Doodles
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt together into a bowl and set aside.
- With a hand held or standing mixer, beat together the shortening and butter until creamy.
- Add the sugars and continue beating until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and beat until thoroughly incorporated.
- Add the flour mixture and blend until smooth.
- Fold in Andes Crème de Menthe Baking Chips.
- Roll the dough, by hand, into a 1 ½ inch balls. Roll the balls in the powdered sugar to fully cover ball. Flatten the balls gently into ½” thick disks and place about 2” apart, spacing them evenly on un-greased baking sheets.
- Bake cookies at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cookies set 1 minute on baking sheet. Remove from sheet and move to wire rack to cool completely.