Almond Dream Bars
It was easy and taste delicious!!!
18graham crackers, divided
3/4 cbrown sugar, firmly packed
1/2 cundiluted evaporated milk
1 cgraham cracker crumbs (10-12 crackers)
1 csliced almonds-divided ( i used honey roasted sliced almonds)
1 cflaked coconut
1/2 cchopped dried fruit (i used dried cranberries)
1 1/2 cpowdered sugar (sifted)
2 Tbspbutter, softened
2 Tbspundiluted evaporated milk
1/2 tspalmond extract
How to Make Almond Dream Bars
- 1) Line the bottom of a buttered 8 inch pan with HALF the graham crackers
2)In medium saucepan, combine brown sugar, butter and evaporated milk. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until mixture comes to a boil. Remove from heat and immediately stir in graham cracker crumbs, 3/4 cup of the almonds, coconut and chopped fruit
- 3) Spread mixture over the crackers in the pan.
4) Top with remaining crackers, pressing down firmly.
- ALMOND ICING:
5) Combine almond icing ingredients and mix well.
6) Spread over dessert and sprinkle remaining almonds on top.
Chill until firm then cut into bars