Almond Cookies with a Twist
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 3/4 c
- vegetable shortening
- 3/4 c
- eggs, divided
- 1 3/4 tsp
- almond extract
- 1 1/2 c
- all purpose flour
- 1 tsp
- baking powder
- 1/2 c
- slivered almonds, coarsely chopped
How to Make Almond Cookies with a Twist
- 1Combine shortening, sugar, 1 beaten egg, and almond extract. Beat well.
- 2Slowly add baking powder and flour to shortening mixture. Mix well.
- 3Add chopped almonds. Stir until mixed (do not over mix).
- 4Divide dough into 30-32 small balls. Slightly flatten with palm of your hand on parchment or wax paper.
- 5Lightly beat remaining egg. Brush on cookies. Transfer to an ungreased cookie sheet.
- 6Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 15 - 18 minutes or until golden brown.