Almond Cookies with a Twist
★★★★★ 1 vote5
3/4 cvegetable shortening
1 3/4 tspalmond extract
1 1/2 call purpose flour
1 tspbaking powder
1/2 cslivered almonds, coarsely chopped
How to Make Almond Cookies with a Twist
- Combine shortening, sugar, 1 beaten egg, and almond extract. Beat well.
- Slowly add baking powder and flour to shortening mixture. Mix well.
- Add chopped almonds. Stir until mixed (do not over mix).
- Divide dough into 30-32 small balls. Slightly flatten with palm of your hand on parchment or wax paper.
- Lightly beat remaining egg. Brush on cookies. Transfer to an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 15 - 18 minutes or until golden brown.