Georgia's Almond Cookies
I have personally made these cookies myself and they are very good. But, Patsy, if you make them, let us know if they meet your expectations, too.
How to Make Georgia's Almond Cookies
- 1Preheat oven to 325. Lithtly spray cookie sheets with cooking spray and set aside.
- 2Combine well the flour, baking soda, salt and sugar. Cut in the butter crisco (or regular shortening) until mixture resembles corn meal.
- 3Mix remaining ingredients into flour mixture well. Shape dough into 1" balls. Place 2" apart on cookie sheet. Place a blanched almond half into top of each cookie if desired. I did not do this but this is your choice.
- 4Bake at 325 for 16-18 minutes. Keep in mind that ovens vary so check them at 8 minutes and go from there.
- 5Additional Info: Sue Bundy submitted this family recipe. Given to her by her mother-in-law, Etsuko Bundy, the Almond Cookies recipe is one of Sue's favorites in the Vital Vittles...Surgical Sweets cookbook. "They're always a hit at home and with my friends. I often take them to parties because everyone loves them," Sue said.