★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 18 1/2 oz. box yellow cake mix
- 1 stick
- butter, melted
- large eggs
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 1 lb
- 10x sugar
- 4 oz
- sliced almonds
How to Make Almond Butter Bars
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 13x9 pan.
- 2For bottom layer: combine cake mix, melted butter and 1 egg until dough forms. Spread in bottom of prepared pan.
- 3Combine remaining 2 eggs, cream cheese, vanilla and confectioner's sugar. Beat with mixer for 3 mins. Spread on top of cake mixture.
- 4Bake for 15 mins., then sprinkle with the almonds and return to oven and bake for another 30 mins. or until just firm. Cut into squears while still slightly warm.